Thursday, January 22, 2009

London Cuisine

London hasn't shown any interest in food until this week. Finally, at 5 1/2 months, when we're homeless and it's a little inconvenient, she's decided she wants to eat, and eat and eat. Rumor has it kids start nursing less and less once they start eating real food because they have less room in their tummy... Eating is making London want to nurse more! It's like those people who HAVE to have red wine with their meals, or their daily Diet Coke. She has to eat all the time or she lets you know you're not meeting her needs. But once you start feeding her she immediately goes back to her pleasant smiley self and giggles and coos the whole time she's eating. I can't feed her like she wants to be fed. I would honestly never leave the table if it were up to her. Couldn't she have waited another week when we had a home and a more convenient schedule to start her Anderson-esque eating habits? I think she has seriously gained 3 lbs just this week- none of her clothes are fitting her now(which isn't saying a lot since I only packed her 4 outfits not knowing we would be living out of a suitcase for a month.) So to go along with our "homeless" theme, she's living in a diaper... and without a bow!
The boys are trying to balance the confusion of being homeless and on vacation, but are surviving nicely. We're at the pool daily, trying to do a fake home school when I can get them to focus, and have watched every movie they can possibly imagine. The other day they learned what a 'gentleman' is. We have to go through like 5 doors to get from our condo to the car and sometimes I'm carrying London or groceries or something so I ask them to be a gentleman and hold the door for me. It became their favorite thing to do. They'd run ahead and grab each door saying, "I'm a gentleman mom." It was adorable. Then one day I got the door for them and the boys said to me, "Thanks for being a gentleman mom!" I let it go because it was so cute. Then the next day someone had put a small doorstop wedge under one of the doors and Rhett said, "look mom it's a little gentleman. Someone used a little gentleman!" Okay, so I guess I didn't describe well enough what a gentleman was since they all just thought it was something that opened a door. I'll work on that.

2 comments:

FamilyKolbaba said...

Welcome, London, to the fam! No doubt she'll also be claustrophobic and laugh until she sobs when she's tired.

Jessica Gehring said...

Thansk for sharing all the fun happenings. It is good to feel in touch with you. Sounds like the vacation part is fun (not so much the other parts). Where are you? Still in Key West? Missed you at my crop last night :( Loves!! Jess