My sister informed me after my last post that it sounds like everyone in Florida isn't very nice. I've had several posts about some less-than-positive experiences becuase they were entertaining to write, completely forgetting that maybe I need to balance out the negative, yet entertaining stories with some uplifting and positive ones. So I am going to make a top 10 list (in no particular order) of some of the great things I have learned to love about Florida:
1. The weather is amazing here, snow was the only thing I wasn't going to miss about Utah and boy, we hit the winter weather jackpot ! I have a whole new definition for the phrase "Winter Wonderland". The boys are thrilled to have a pool in the backyard.
2. Trees. I love all the tall green trees. It makes for such a cozy feeling.
3. Our ward is a wonderful collection of people from all over the US, ranging in every age and background. It's been so easy to make friends with the members. We have a fabulous bishop who we love and his family is the greatest! (Thanks Lauren for making this move so much easier on me and my family!) I also work with some great women in the Young Womens program that are not only fun people to be around, but inspiring as well.
4. Publix Key Lime Pie (You may see us in a year and we'll each weigh 50 lbs more because of this delectible little treat we can't get enough of...)
5. Missionary opportunites (If you haven't heard about Kimberly, email me and I'll give you her story. It was a life changing experience for us and all involved.)
6. Frozen, pre-diced onions at the grocery store for the same price as a fresh one, but without the work when you only need a little bit. This has been a huge help!
7. Brad loves his job and has a great business partner, who has a great family that we enjoy hanging out with.
8. The humidity has been a great blessing on my children's skin. They've all had eczema issues since birth and the move has gotten rid of the problem. And it makes my skin softer too!
9. Close to Disney World!!!!!!! (We are now officially anual passport holders.)
10. We know this is where we are supposed to be so we are happy to have been guided by our Heavenly Father to such a marvelous place.
We are happy here and we know there are still great things to come. We may be here a year, we may be here the rest of our lives, who knows? But we will enjoy every minute of it until we feel there is somewhere else we're supposed to be.
Now a little housekeeping: I haven't written in this blog for two weeks because we have been out of town. First to Orlando to go to Disney World with my sister and her family from Washington, then from there straight to Utah. (We are actually still in Utah.) I will slowly, but surely, tell about the last two weeks of our lives, with photos, in the upcoming week. So come back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hopefully we will get a family trip to WDW sooner than later. We DO expect you to come and play with us.
Post a Comment