We had an Easter egg hunt in our great backyard and invited some friends and our cousins to come join us. We also had a yummy Easter Brunch. Later in the week we went strawberry picking.


London never fills up her bucket. She puts a couple in then eats them and then repeats the process.
"I can't believe I ate the whole bucket!"When we got home we tried to think of everything we could make with strawberries.
We made Strawberry Spinach salad, strawberry jam, strawberry shakes, strawberry shortcake, chocolate covered strawberries, strawberries in sour cream and brown sugar, Strawberry Julius, Strawberry crepes and bowls and bowls of fresh cut strawberries. I think we picked over 45 lbs between our family and Adam's family. We thought for sure the kids would never be able to eat strawberries again, but we went again later in the week, and they were all gone in 2 days.

We also did lots of swimming, Rockwell read the entire 4th book of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, (and bought 2 more of the series which Rhett also started to read,) rode bikes, played basketball, hung out with cousins, went to 2 baptisms, watched Conference, and went to the beach with friends. It was a great Spring Break, and an even greater re-start to school on Tuesday.
2 comments:
We loved hanging with you during Spring Break! You guys are way too fun...I'm feeling so lonely right now... ;-)
Wow! What a great vacation! The strawberries remind me of picking strawberries the week before you were born......I think Drake is the most adorable child in the world. I see his face and I just want to hug and kiss him.....They're all getting so big! Could you tell them to stop that until I get to see them all again? Thanks.
Post a Comment