Thursday, February 5, 2009

And the winner is...

We have decided to rent a wonderful house we found this week that has everything we want in a home here. We got tired of being strung along by the bank and decided maybe we should take it as a sign that after 3+ months of working on the loan, and it never progressing past "we'll know in 48 hours" that this was not meant to be. (Especially since such a great rental came up this week!) The house belongs to the University of Florida's running back coach, who is now on his way to coach at Syracuse. (I think that makes Brad think the house is even cooler...) Rockwell will be sad that we didn't choose the "oranges" house, but I think he'll recover when he finally gets to go back to school next week! The only catch is that they won't be out of the house until February 16, so we will remain in our temporary, suitcase-dwelling home (a huge blessing to not be in a hotel) for two more weeks. I hope I can survive wearing these same 3 shirts for two more weeks! (Not to mention taking off all the pounds from my "emotional eating" problem coupled with eating fast food twice a day for over a month.) We're almost Floridians!

1 comment:

FamilyKolbaba said...

I think a "cheers" is in order. Cheers! I'm glad you found a place you can be happy in, even if you don't own it. Stability and school for the kids will be nice, too :) All that's left is for Nate and me to plan our next trip to Florida.....and you never know how long we might stay......