For all those non-family members out there who may or may not know, my wonderful brother came home from Iraq yesterday, which was his second tour there. He's been gone from his family for 15 months now and we are all so happy to have him home. He is truly the greatest example of a hero to me, and I believe, to the Iraqi people. If more soldiers and politicians had my brother's service and people skills, the results would be amazing. He is an inspiration to me. Not only did he perform his military duties in Iraq, but he went the extra mile and tried to learn Arabic so he could communicate with his associates and form better relations. He spent time with them on a personal level as well as professional level. I'm sure any Iraqi who worked with this amazing man has a better impression of Americans and a greater hope for their future. But now he gets to be the greatest hero of all: a father and husband! Welcome home, T. I love you and want you to know you've earned the title of being "my Hero" again.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Note to a Hero
For all those non-family members out there who may or may not know, my wonderful brother came home from Iraq yesterday, which was his second tour there. He's been gone from his family for 15 months now and we are all so happy to have him home. He is truly the greatest example of a hero to me, and I believe, to the Iraqi people. If more soldiers and politicians had my brother's service and people skills, the results would be amazing. He is an inspiration to me. Not only did he perform his military duties in Iraq, but he went the extra mile and tried to learn Arabic so he could communicate with his associates and form better relations. He spent time with them on a personal level as well as professional level. I'm sure any Iraqi who worked with this amazing man has a better impression of Americans and a greater hope for their future. But now he gets to be the greatest hero of all: a father and husband! Welcome home, T. I love you and want you to know you've earned the title of being "my Hero" again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hero to me as well. Glad you are back home safe and appreciate your difficult sacrifice and service.
Thanks for writing that Mel. I totally agree. :-)
Post a Comment