Monday, July 13, 2009

Slacker

I haven't written in awhile and my excuse is lame: I lost my camera. I like to blog around a photo and without my pictures I haven't been feeling motivated. So this will be a quick catch up that is meaningless to anyone but the Grandmas.
Rockwell and Rhett both "graduated" from school. They had huge ceremonies. In Rockwell's presentation they did a big musical where Rockwell came out at one point holding a huge pair of teeth. I asked him why he was holding that and he said he had no idea. I thought it might have been nice to tell the kids why their props were what they were. Oh well. Rhett walked down an aisle in an episcopal chapel under a giant crucifix in an adorable cap and gown. I really want to find these pictures to show you all. They were so cute.
We've gone to the Sea World and the beach several times as well as some local natural springs. We have really enjoyed the summer here in Florida. London has her two bottom teeth (barely) that I can't take a picture of so you'll just have to believe me. I wrote some restaurant reviews for one of Brad's magazines that I'll try to put up later. Restaurant reviews are a great thing. You eat someone's food for free and then tell what you like about it. I could do this as a full time job!
After several attempts at putting the "ThumGuard" on Drake to help him break the worsening habit, we're going to try it again. He was able to pull the device off the other two times, so we've tightened it this time just enough to try and keep the thumb, but lose the habit. I'll keep you posted on that one.
We love living here and we are all happy and healthy!

1 comment:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I am glad my nephew is keeping up the episcopal tradition. (I graduated from an episcopal high school complete with vespers, smoke and crosses - it was awesome.)

Also, if the thumbguard doesn't work try Mavala Stop. It's a finger nail polish that apparently tastes NASTY. I bought some for Logan when he started sucking his fingers and it worked immediately. Apparently the taste stayed in his mouth for hours. HA HA HA.
Look for it on Amazon under "Mavala Stop Thumbsucking"