I swore I would never be one of those mothers who let my kids sit in front of the TV and play video games for hours... and now it happens. (Never swear you'll never do something because inevitably you will.) I have tried to put time restraints on it, but when their hour is up and I'm still doing something that I can do because they are preoccupied I let that hour stretch into two. I know, bad mom! I realize how bad I really am when now, one of the best ways to calm London down or keep her occupied for 10 minutes while I'm on the phone or making dinner is to sit her down in one of the boys chairs and fill her hands with a Wii remote (or rather a WiiMote in our house.) It doesn't matter if it's a video game or just plain ol' cable on, she wants to be like her brothers! One day we were leaving and I turned the TV off while she was "playing" and she lost it. The second I turned the TV back on she stopped immediately, started laughing and pointing the WiiMote at the TV. Maybe we should work on getting her some girlie toys... or at least her own video game chair!


On a different note:
Something I have been spending a lot of my time on lately is my calling in the Young Women's program. I've really enjoyed the time spent with the girls and the women I work with. We're small in numbers but always have a great experience. Next week I've been asked to speak at our 4 stake Youth Conference in Jacksonille. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. I've given firesides and workshops hundreds of times, but there's an extra added nervous factor when it's for people who you actually go to church with and will see again. It's wierd to be nervous!
One of the things I do for the girls is keep a blog of all our activities and lessons in case they miss one, they can see what we did. The girls also like seeing the pictures and recaps of their activites. It's not elaborate, but you can see what I'm doing at GainesvilleYW.blogspot.com
2 comments:
TOO CUTE!
ps...the chocolate color looks great in the sunlight!
First, London is the most adorable child! Just look at that face! and also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LONDON! Wow, one year old and her brothers haven't gotten to her yet!
Get that child a doll house. Immediately.
You know everyone will love you when you speak. You have that "something" that all speakers strive for. A special spark. Love you!
Post a Comment