Sunday, November 1, 2009

Despite the fact that Brad was out of town this year, we had a wonderful Halloween! It started with the traditional Jack-O-Lantern pancake breakfast:



We went to the Ward Halloween party where London's friend just happen to be dressed as a bee just like her! These two sweet little girls followed each other around all night so we called them "the swarm". (This little girl's name is Scarlet, so her mom and I have decided that it would be perfect if someday she and Rhett got married... think about it, Rhett and Scarlet!)


I got lucky this year. The boys all asked to be something I already had a costume to. I didn't even have to coax them. It was their choice! If it could only be this easy every year! I did learn that our Utah winter costumes aren't going to work here. It was almost 90 degrees and most of the other kids costumes were more appropriate for the heat. (Earlier I had black tights on London and had to remove them due to the heat. The other boys just had to deal with it.)
We were invited over to our friends house to watch the Florida football game, eat dinner, swim, go on a hay ride and trick-or-treat. In this picture Rock's hair is wet because we just went swimming on Halloween! Usually we're battling the snow and chill! The hay ride took the kids around the neighborhood to trick or treat. They had a great time!


If you're wondering just how crazy these gators are about their football, here's a pumpkin of Florida's Heisman winning QB, Tim Tebow:

I thought this one was cool too!
For all you Twilight fans (and Cat in the Hat fans :)
In the car on the way home the boys were chanting, "This was the best Halloween ever!" It made me smile. The only thing that would have made it better was to have their dad here. But they have each saved him his favorite candy so when he gets home he'll have plenty to snack on. And by the way, it was a perfect night to set the clocks back, the kids were so exhausted from all these activities that they definitely needed that extra hour. And what luck for me, they used it!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

It WAS awesome! We missed Brad too...I hope his weekend was kind to him.

Alicia said...

I missed the cool pumpkins.. wow! We were glad you could come with the kids.. we love ya girl! Hope Brad comes home safely, it just wasn't the same without him.