Yesterday was our 10th anniversary. Brad said he has to admit he never stopped to think about what 10 years in the future would look like on our wedding day. (Focused on other things...) But I'll tell you now, it's fantastic! We live in Florida with our 4 wonderful children who are happy and healthy and love it! We enjoy our callings, career choices and friendships here. I love Brad more than I could have even imagined and I know he loves me. I have an amazing family that has been a decade in the making, starting on a perfect wedding day... But there has been one issue Brad has brought up many times in the last 10 years that I decided to finally resolve on this 10th anniversary. You could say it's been "eating" at him...


This is a quick picture we took on our wedding day before the reception started, and we never saw this cake again. Our reception was outside and there was a short 10 minutes of rain drizzle that threatened to ruin the cake so it was quickly cut and distributed. (An act that later resulted in the marriage of my Maid of Honor and brother so it's all good...) Anytime Brad sees a wedding cake he says, "I never got to taste my wedding cake." So I decided it was time to finally taste our wedding cake after 10 years. So I had the top of a cake made that was nowhere near as beautiful as our actual cake but the idea was there, and then gave it to him on our anniversary.

We set up the camera and had Drake be our photographer. (He was so excited to do this! He would have so much enthusiasm to take the picture that he would shake the camera. So we had to take many pictures so that Brad's head would actually be in the frame.) So here is the moment, and picture, Brad has been waiting 10 years to have:

It may not have been as pretty, but this was the BEST cake I have ever tasted! We laughed at ourselves at how funny we thought we were, kissed Drake for his help and sent him to bed and ate more cake because it was so good! I smiled to myself and said, "I have the best husband and the best life!"
1 comment:
I guess I can't say I'm getting nostalgic for my wedding day, since it was only 4 months ago, but this still makes me think of that day when I married my sweetheart. Congratulations on 10 years - that's awesome. I have no idea what our lives will be like in 10 years either, but I'm excited to find out. I miss you guys. Hope all is well in Florida. :)
Post a Comment