It looked much better here (this morning) than it did last night!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Poor Thing!
Last night we had a bunch of people over for dinner and a discussion with the missionaries. I finally got the kids to bed so we could have some calm for the discussion. We were wrapping things up from a great discussion on the importance of scripture study and how to know if something comes from God, when Drakey walks in in nothing but his nighttime pull-up. He walks over to me and asks some random question like he usually does to get out of bed. I asked him to sing, "I Am a Child of God" for us and he did a beautiful job, adding a extra-nice little ending to our meeting. When everyone reacted with delight to his performance, he got embarrassed and ran out of the room, tripping on the carpet as it turned into tile, and face planted on the hard floor. When I picked him up there was blood squirting everywhere. And his wailing was making it worse. I felt so bad for him! I could tell it hurt a lot and the blood was making him even more distressed. Needless to say our spiritual ending to the discussion was thwarted and poor Drake got the fatest lip of any of my kids thus far. His lips are big to begin with, but now all the Divas in Hollywood are going to realize they can save a lot of money in doctors bills by just falling on tile.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is the saddest face I have ever seen in my whole life. I think I'm going to cry. Tell him grandma is proud of him for singing and sorry he fell down! That child has such a place in my heart!
Post a Comment