Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Publix Perfection

So for all you Westerners out there Publix (yes that is it's name, rhymes with cub-sticks) is the grand-daddy of neighborhood grocery stores out here. I've been pretty impressed with their name brand products, free balloons for the kids at check-out, and the standard of helping everyone to the car with their groceries. They have an amazing bakery that produces yummy treats that don't taste any less delicious than a high end bakery, plus all their other specialty sections are great like the deli,fresh meat and fish, artisian breads, etc. So as hightly as I have been impressed with Publix up until now, they did something recently at my store that has helped them knock it out of the park. And that would be their new children's cart.



I've always appreciated when stores try and help us mothers out by providing 2-seater carts, espcially these fun little car carts, but they weren't always convenient because they had no under storage for big items and the cart's basket was quite small as an after-thought to the Car design. They were heavy and bulky and trying to turn them up and down each aisle wasn't the prettiest move I've ever done. I've hit other people on more than one occasion attempting to control the beast. But once again, Publix has done it right. This new rocket cart has two layers of baskets giving you extra grocery space and still provides underneath storage! It is extremely light and easy to turn and still provides the kids with the steering wheels they so desire. If Publix were a football team I'd be a season ticket holder! Now that brings up the Gators... I'll let you know about that another day.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

What the heck??? MY publix doesn't have these really awesome carts....Oh, wait...I guess I'd have a reason to be upset if I had to take children to the store with me! :-)