So since we were working on mobility this week, we also tried another form of self-propelled movement... While we were at a swim playgroup, my friend Lauren, Swim Instructor to the Stars, showed me how she would teach London how to swim. The fact that I let this happen shows I am slowly overcoming my irrational fear. I didn't cry (outloud) once! I was a little overprotective and didn't wait very long to grab her so she couldn't really show us what she could do.
London did a really good job. Her legs just naturally kicked and she worked her way to the stairs on her own. She didnt' cry or freak out and beg to get out of the pool. She just kept playing. She actually would get mad just because we would try to hold her and help! She loves the pool.
This picture is to prove we weren't being abusive. It was taken right after one of her "swims" and as you can see, she's perfectly happy!
4 comments:
I cried a little watching that video....for both of us.
I can't handle all the tears (real and figuratively!)...I feel like I'm causing you pain, honest to goodness physical pain every time I pick up a Palmer child in the pool. That's it, I will only teach your kids if you place them directly into my hands and smile really big and lie that your not crying inside, ok? Oh, and London's a natural...just so you know... :-)
I never thought I'd see the day...I finally got a waterfall in our backyard and I didn't get a pond because one of my daughters (you) said you were too afraid. Good job!
She'll be a great swimmer.
London is in the BEST hands ever! This time next year is Henry's turn and I will be posting this also. London is so adorable and she looks like she is having a great time. way to go mom, holding it together.
Post a Comment